CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials. Computer numeric controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into the material. CNC machinists make adjustments to the machine to control speed, material feed and path of the cut, as well as make sure the machines are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product. CNC machinists make sure their machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. They look at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
As a CNC machinist, you are responsible for setting up a machine to make the proper sequence of cuts. This could entail writing programming instructions or making adjustments to a program should you discover problems during a test run. You may also replace worn out parts and monitor the production process.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help CNC machinists understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: CNC machinists will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: CNC machinists will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Machines controlled by computers will need operators who understand CAD/CAM technology.
- Stamina: CNC machinists often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Description of CNC Lathe Machine
- Perform X & Z axis offset
- Use of cutting tools
- Coolant and Lubricant
- Program & Perform Facing Operation (by G & M code)
- Program & Perform Turning Operation (by G & M code)
- Program & Perform Parting & Grooving Operation (by G & M code)
- Perform & Practice MASTERCAM program (Facing, Turning, Threading, Grooving & Parting) in CNC Lathe machine
- Perform & Practice MASTERCAM program(Drilling, Boring, ID Threading) in CNC Lathe machine
- Perform & Practice MASTERCAM program in CNC Lathe machine
- Description of CNC EDM Machine
- Perform a simple job CNC EDM Machine
- WE DID CNC Training
- CATEGORY Professional Training